Uncategorized

How to Prevent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning in Your Home

Posted by on Monday, August 9th, 2021 in Testimonials, Uncategorized

Each year, more than 430 Americans die from unintentional CO poisoning, and over 50,000 visit the emergency room due to carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Also, fatality is highest among Americans 65 and older. Preventing CO poisoning requires proper maintenance of fuel-burning appliances and CO alarms. […]

Read More

Fire Safety: Preventing Microwave Oven Fires

Posted by on Monday, August 2nd, 2021 in Homeowner's Insurance, Uncategorized

There may be no more convenient way to heat food than using a microwave oven. Even the most novice of chefs can feel like Wolfgang Puck just by hitting a few buttons. However, using one can pose a fire hazard if you are not careful. So, take precautions to mitigate the risk. Follow These Tips […]

Read More

Stovetop and Oven Fire Safety Tips

Posted by on Monday, July 19th, 2021 in Uncategorized

They say, “if you can’t stand the heat, get out of the kitchen,” but we have a better idea: avoid fires in the kitchen and enjoy cooking. Most home fires start in the kitchen, more specifically, the stovetop and oven. Fortunately, you can easily prevent cooking fires if you exercise caution and remain vigilant every […]

Read More

And You Thought It Was Just a Fire

Posted by on Tuesday, July 6th, 2021 in Uncategorized

Imagine this: There was a small fire contained to just the kitchen, quickly extinguished. But the smell of the smoke is overpowering! No matter what you try, it just won’t come out of anything! And it’s throughout the whole house. So you call for professional smoke damage restoration services. But what is going on with […]

Read More

The Do’s and Don’ts of Outdoor Grilling

Posted by on Wednesday, June 30th, 2021 in Uncategorized

According to the National Fire Protection Association, an estimated 8,800 home fires are started by grilling each year. Moreover, almost half of all injuries involving grills are caused by thermal burns. That’s why learning grilling safety tips is crucial in keeping everyone safe during the BBQ. To prevent accidents when grilling, you should place the […]

Read More

Purofirst of Metropolitan Washington is your single-source provider of Fire & Water Clean Up, Mold Clean Up, Water Extraction and Emergency Damage Restoration & Reconstruction in Maryland, Washington DC and Northern Virginia.

Copyright © 2018 All Rights Reserved